Sunday, October 28, 2007

Painted Napkins


Yesterday after an in-person atc swap, our demo/activity time was painting on paper towels and napkins. This atc was made from a piece of the painted napkin I did. The napkin already had pictures of butterflies and things on it so i just painted around them with Golden fluid acrylics. After I got home I cut out the atc and then also used Golden matte medium over it to be sure the napkin was completely stuck to the cardstock. I also added some white paint over the butterfly to soften it a bit. The saying (from Quietfire Design) is stamped onto a transparency with Versamark ink and embossed with Adirondack powder. Attached it with eyelets and added the embroidered butterfly.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Wanda
Your ATC from a napkin is marvelous, and I so appreciate the few words of explanation. So many times I try to overstamp one of Suzanne's marvelous sayings I get something less than wonderful - now I will switch to acetate ... you have been my morning inspiration. Thanks!
Laurie Smith
http://www.PictureTrail.com/uid2058211