Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Sunday, October 28, 2007
Saturday, October 27, 2007
The background for this atc was inspired by some atcs done by Joanne, an artist on one of the yahoo groups I belong too. I cut a piece of corrugated cardboard to atc size and tore off most of the top layer exposing the corrugated center. I then took torn pieces of solid tissue paper (light pink, medium green, and a deep dusty rose) and glued them on using Golden matte medium letting them hang over the edges. While it was still wet I sprayed them with diluted Ranger color wash stream, butterscotch and cranberry and let that dry completely. Next I used the matte medium to glue the extra paper hanging over the edges to the back, let that dry. Then I sprayed it with gold spray webbing, let that dry. And lastly I used a blitzer to add sprays of gold Krylon paint pen and let that dry. The girl is an image from the Tuscan Rose Vintage Images CD #1. Letters were printed and punched with a quarter inch hole punch.
Thursday, October 25, 2007
Sunday, October 14, 2007
Both of these atc projects were done for the ATC Workshop on the Artists of the Round Table yahoo group.
The first one is a folded atc. All the images used on this are from Quietfire Design. I started with white glossy cardstock, stamped a large diamond background with resist ink, sponged over that with Adirondack inks. The small diamond border and tree were stamped with Adirondack inks.
This triptych has cardstock as the base. I glued on a page from a phone book and also some tissue paper along the bottom. Let that dry and painted it using Golden fluid acrylics. Stamping was done with Stazon ink. Leaves are punched from cardstock and colored with Adirondack inks.
Tuesday, October 9, 2007
The background of the atc was done using water-soluable oil pastels. I scribbled them on and then blended them with my finger. The image (Time to Stamp) was stamped using Versafine vintage sepia and onyx black. Inked the whole image with sepia and then just tapped the edges with black. Leaves were punched from mustard colored cardstock and then Moon Glow embossing powder was added to each one. Words were written with a micron pen.
For the card I used a brayer and Kaleidacolor autumn spendor to ink up the collage stamp (Time to Stamp Lucid Dreams collection) and then stamped it onto white glossy paper. Trimmed paper and sponged on extra color around image to filled cardstock. "Changes" uses Time to Stamp's Artist's Stamp Alphabet and is stamped with Stazon jet black. Layered onto white cardstock, then corner punched rust colored cardstock and onto folded black card. Leaf charm (Time to Stamp) attached with glossy accents.
Monday, October 8, 2007
This atc was done as part of the Bernie Berlin workshop on the A.R.T. group. I cut a piece from an old pair of jeans and decided I liked the back of material better for the front of my card. I machine stitched it to a piece of cardstock using a decorative stitch around the edges and some random stitching in the center. The collage image (from The Altered Abbey) was attached using a straight stitch. I cut the branches free-hand from brown cardstock and stitched down the center of them. The bird (from Time to Stamp) was stamped on white cardstock, cut out, and glued on. The flowers have a seed bead sewn in the center.
Autumn is here with some cooler weather and the leaves have started to change colors. I needed a couple of cards this past week and just had to use leaves and autumn colors. Both backgrounds have leaves stamped with a resist pad and Adirondack inks sponged over them. The leaf embellishments are punched from white cardstock. For the first one I used Adirondack ink to color it and then embossed it with clear ep. For the second one I used Moon Glow ep over the leaf.