Thursday, May 29, 2008

Sassy


Do you like this atc? I had a lot of fun making it. The image (Mia from PID - Paper Imagery Designs) is transferred onto muslin using soft gel medium. I was excited the transfer worked so well. I cut the edges and frayed them. The background is cut from a piece of upholstery fabric I got from a friend a long time ago and I stamped the flourish (Quietfire Design) using gesso. I glued the image down with gel medium just enough to hold it in place, then I sewed along 2 edges using silver thread and doing a chain stitch. Along the other 2 edges I put down a rub-on border and also added a bit to the upper right corner. The velvet flower was picked up a while back from the clearance section of Walmart. The ribbon under the flower was white silk ribbon (Quietfire Design) and I colored it using Ranger color wash spray. "Sassy" was also on the Mia collage sheet, I cut it out, sponged on some ink and attached it.
Paper Imagery Designs now has a Yahoo group. We'll be sharing art, having contests and challenges, there will be specials posted just for the yahoo group, and lots of other fun stuff. You can check it out here.

4 comments:

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

I love this piece, Wanda! Fabulous!!!
hugs, chris

Gabrielle Madsen said...

Do I love this or what! Stunning, beautiful, love it!

Aparna said...

Wanda: thanks for the nice comment on my blog - and also because it led me to your blog. OMG! What an incredible piece you have there! Amazing attention to detail (something I am not capable of) and I love how well the transfer has turned out.

Shirley said...

wow! I really like how you did the whole layout, including the photo. TFS