Sunday, May 3, 2009

Best Friends Butterfly Card


Happy Sunday!!!! Sundays are great!! First there is church which is always fantastic.. we are in the middle of a series on hearing God's voice... and then usually I can get some creative time in during the afternoon.
I finished this card that I started back on Thursday. The background once again uses some the new colors of alcohol inks. Next I stamped the large and medium calligraphic wings from Quietfire Design so that they made a butterfly using Versafine black ink and embossed it also with detail black ep. Next I used a Spellbinders circle nestibility and embossed a circle around the "butterfly"... this gave me a little texture and also a line to place the gold Peel-offs border stickers. For the body I used pink sticky-backed gems and drew in the antennas with a fine tip pen. I trimmed the whole piece into a square and rounded the corners. "best friends forever" was stamped on a scrap of the background, cut out, edged with a gold Krylon paint pen, attached to the butterfly piece and then added the gold brad. The whole thing was layered to a folded pink card made from Bazzill cardstock.
Now all I need to do is mail this off to one of my friends :-)

1 comment:

Quietfire said...

Wow! Wanda! I never would have thought of this in a million years! Way to go!