Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Time, the great equalizer


Our pastor has made the comment before that time is the great equalizer and it is so true. It doesn't matter who you are or your circumstances, everyone only has 24 hours in a day. The background of this ATC starts with and old calendar page glued to cardstock. Over it I sponged distress inks and used a Tim Holtz mask. All stamps are Tim Holtz. "the great equalizer" is computer generated. Ideology spinners added to the clock image. The edges have some gold Smooch on them and then are sponged with black soot distress ink. I also added some dots of gold Smooch around the clock. Lastly I rubbed some marmalade distress stickles in a couple of places.

7 comments:

inge said...

hello Wanda,

nice card : I like your starting point with the calender page as a background. The mask works well too: you even hardly can see it's a spinner, but that detail is just good. All the other stamps match perfect with the background.

Sometimes I do regret that I only have 24 hours a day, but I guess days would always be too short whatever hours are in a day...

greetings from Belgium
Inge

Angie Hall Haviland said...

BEAUTIFUL piece, Wanda!! So True...wish my days were 48 hours or that I didn't need sleep LOL

Erin Glee said...

Beautiful ATC, Wanda! It all works together, and I love your inspiration for the piece!

Elaine A said...

Hi Wanda -

I love this. You did a wonderful job at making it look like a really old piece of art.

Elaine Allen

Von said...

wonder works on your blog :) a pleasure to vist you
Von UK

Nettie said...

I adore this Wanda, what a great idea to use an old calendar page, I may steal the idea for a regular card, or even on fabric . . hope you won't mind! (I would give you credit of course!)love that clock, is that a mask from Tim? hugs nettie

Linda M. Cain said...

LOVE it! My mom always said "not enough hours in the day." I tell my kids that they have the same amount of hours in their day that I have in mine....make the best of it!!!!

Your Friend in ART....

Linda