Sunday, January 31, 2010

Chipboard Hanging

I am lovin' working on chipboard. I really hadn't done this before finding Wendy Vecchi's blog and then joining the Everything Wendy Vecchi Yahoo Group. This hanging was made for a Valentine's Swap on the group. All stamps are from Studio 490. For the hearts... I colored a scrap of grungepaper with worn lipstick distress ink - I just rubbed the ink pad directly on the grungepaper - then stamped the corner image from the Art By The Number set using white paint dabber onto the colored grungepaper and cut out the heart shape using the center scallops as the top of the heart. The chipboard heart (Maya Road) was inked with brushed corduroy distress ink and the background image stamped with the same ink. I added fired brick to the very edges of the heart. The flower stamp and saying were stamped with jet black Archival ink. The ideology token was colored with alcohol ink, dried, white paint dabber worked into the impression and the extra wiped off the disc. I then used my finger to rub Matte Accents over the piece so it wasn't quite so shiny. The white highlights on the stem and dots around the edge were done with the Inkssential pen. Holes for ribbon hanger were made with the Crop-a-dile.

5 comments:

2amscrapper said...

I just love everything about this....

Helena said...

I love this, Wanda!!!

itzamitzi said...

Sweet! Colors are so great and I love the lace, etc. at the bottom. You used one of my favorite Wendy bkgds.

Mitzi

Princess of glitter said...

Beautiful! TFS!

Charmaine Stack said...

oooh, now I want to make a wall hanging, too! This is so pretty.