Saturday, February 6, 2010

A New Day Chipboard Hanging

This is the project I made for the second part of the EverythingWendyVecchi Grungepaper Rose Swap. The rose on this hanging was made by Kim... isn't it beautiful!!!! Once again I've used all Studio 490 stamps, distress inks, Archival ink for the saying, Maya Road chipboard pieces (base, frame, bird), Distress Crackle Paint on the bird, old music paper colored with DIs, sticky backed pearls, twine, and Ideology swivel clasps for the hanger. The variation in color on the leaves was done by sponging on the ink, flicking it with water and blotting up.


13 comments:

2amscrapper said...

This is fabulous! I really love birds and music--you incorporated both so well.

Elaine A said...

Wanda -

This is just lovely! A fantastic job on this, I really like it!

Elaine Allen

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

Happy winter!! Hope you and your family are doing well!! Love this, Wanda-I am a fan of Wendy's work-this is awesome!
hugs, chris

SusanK said...

Colors used - love 'em! Layout - love it! Products used - love 'em! Mood when viewed - One special person!

Alexandra said...

Music, birds and flowers lovely together, as they are in nature. I love the colours you've used and the rose is lovely. It's such a pretty project.

Unknown said...

This is stunning Wanda ... a beautifully compiled piece ... Love it!

Kathy Eddy said...

Oh my, two of my favorite things, music and birds all rolled into one! Absolutely fabulous!

Lori said...

Love, love, love it! Love the color of the bird!

dining room tables said...

I want to give you a round of applause for this one. I like the outdoor feeling of the clipboard.

Cindy Cade said...

I dig everything about this, Wandah. I can't help it the last H will always be part of you. Smile.

Helen said...

Just love this hanging - great idea to use the swivel clasps. Thanks for visiting my blog!

Mimi2six said...

I am so blessed to be the lucky recepient of this gorgeous hanging. The use of the bird and the music is a great idea, I can almost hear the bird singing. I love, love it, you did an awesome job. Thank you so much!
Sammie

Large Wall Mirrors Gal said...

Really fabulous combination. Love and music always create an amazing things. Such a creative art. keep it up friend.