Sunday, July 4, 2010

Compendium of Curiosities #3 - Alcohol Ink Monoprint


This weeks CCC (that would be Compendium of Curiosities Challenge) is Alcohol Ink Monoprints... a technique that I have done before and really enjoy!!!  You could easily spend a half hour and have a PILE of prints to use at a later time... fun, fun, fun!!!!  The alcohol ink colors I used on this piece are raspberry, sail boat blue, and purple twilight... they sure make a gorgeous print.  All stamping done on top of the alcohol inks is with Archival Ink... I used to use Staz-on before I got my jet black Archival pad and let me tell ya... Archival Ink works WAY better for stamping on the alcohol inks!!!  All stamps used on this tag are Tim Holtz.  For the tag base I applied Distress Ink mustard seed to the tag, stamped the swirly flower image with Versamark Ink and embossed it with Adirondack wild plum embossing powder.  The bird is stamped onto grungeboard with Archival ink jet black, cut out, and then sponged with DI mustard seed.  Added the paper flowers (some sprayed with Adirondack color wash spray and some sponged with Distress Inks) and clear sticky back gems for the centers of the flowers and also the eye of the bird.  Oh, silver paint dabber added on the edges of the monoprint piece and the edges of the tag.  A pretty pink ribbon to finish it off. 

4 comments:

Linda Ledbetter said...

Wow!!! I mean, seriously: WOW! Wanda, this is incredible! Gorgeous monoprint, beautiful design... stunning all the way around. I especially love the little Grungeboard bird, and the sentiment is great.

Thanks so much for joining in, and I'll look forward to seeing you again for Challenge 4!

♥ ~Linda

Linda M. Cain said...

Gorgeous card!!!!!!!!!!

~Linda

Yogi said...

love this tag. Gorgeous colors

Lori said...

Wowza! The colors are just OUTSTANDING, both literally and figuratively! lol. Great job, I love it!