Sunday, October 31, 2010

CCC #19 - Extreme Masking


Well, I almost threw this tag away but now that it's all done, I can live with it.... LOL. I was "extremely" unhappy with it after the spritzing and bleeding part. I sprayed too much water and the tag was curling so that the bleeding wasn't going into the area that had been masked so I'm trying to hold it down and dry it and not burn my finger because... why did I NOT pick up my tweezers this time, they are after all laying right there, duh!!... so there were some blotches I didn't like but I persevered -as you can see. Distress inks used are fired brick, pine needles, faded jeans, dusty concord, pumice stone, and scattered straw (when I did the reverse mask part I added some scattered straw to the ornament area making the bleeding much more bearable to look at :-) Tim's new reindeer die (deer cut from grunge) and ornament die (custom mask). All rubber is Tim Holtz. Gold paint dabber around the edges and lightly dabbed here and there on the background.


Hopefully I didn't give away too much information when I explained a couple of things as the rule in this challenge is not to share the technique which can be found on page 61 of the Tim Holtz book, Compendium of Curiosities. If you don't have Tim's book, I really REALLY recommend it. It's a wonderful book filled with step-by-steps for techniques, lots of info on products, a totally fabulous project ideas.

To find out more about the challenge, pop on over to Linda's blog.

9 comments:

2amscrapper said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Yes, I just bought the book! Maybe I can join all of you for the next challenge. I don't think you revealed too much as I don't know what you're talking about and have to go look in the book now.

Stamped Impressions said...

Really pretty Wanda!

Lori said...

Turned out fantastic Wanda! Love how you used the ornament as the mask, very clever!

Netty said...

What a brilliant Christmas tag, I love how you printed over the bauble. Annette x

Anonymous said...

Fabulous Christmas tag Wanda! Love those jewel colours!
Alison x

Terry said...

Wanda, I so love your tag! How brilliant to mask the ornament and place the deer in front! Love the details!!!

Jolanda said...

Your tag is great! I love the colours, the masking, the reindeer - everything
:)
Jolanda x

Unknown said...

Truly cool! I really love it and want to try this technique out. Thank you so much for sharing.

Linda Ledbetter said...

Omg, Wanda, I'm so glad you didn't throw this pretty tag away! I think it's stunning! You sound like me after I've been struggling with a piece to the point where I can bear to look at it anymore, but please take me word for it-- your reindeer tag is wonderful! I love the glowing ornament against the richly-colored background, and that die is just spectaular!