Monday, June 13, 2011

CBC - Circles and Dots


The theme for this weeks Created Byhand Challenge (Blog or Forum)  is circles and dots.  I just had to use one of the newest stamps available from QF - A family is a circle of strength.  I started with an Inkssential #8 manila tag and applied Distress Inks wild honey, barn door, and vintage photo using the wrinkle free distress technique (rub ink pads on craft sheet, spray with water, dip tag in colors, dry, dip again gently to just pick up droplets, dry, repeat until you like it).   Edges inked with vintage photo.  Stamped the quote with Archival Ink jet black and dried it.  White circles and dots are made with gesso.  13mm white silk ribbon is colored with the same distress inks.  Ideology mini pin, key and lock finish things off.

10 comments:

Robyn said...

Love, love the background and how it sets off the quote.
thanks for the instructions too.
and inspiration and sharing with Created Byhand.

Yogi said...

very nice. love the colors and I always love this technique. Those circles are great. I keep saying I have to use gesso more often than just as a cover for something...

Faye said...

Wanda, your tag is a gorgeous example for us. The background is super. Love those colors.

Cynthia Schelzig said...

What a fabulous tag....just gorgeous!
Wonderful new quote too......

Marjie Kemper said...

Such a great technique on your background.... this is a beautiful tag, Wanda!

BlackCats said...

Another fantastic background. I love the circles; they really set off the quote nicely.

tea said...

This is absolutely brilliant. I love the subtle, yet no fuzz way you added the circles. And of course, I love the text and the background technique. Thanks for reminding me about that, both needed.

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Beautiful tag. I love how you used the circle as a frame for the quote.

Karen said...

Beautiful colours and I love the gesso highlights.

SusanK said...

Your art is perfect for the QF stamp line!