Friday, June 3, 2011

Love does not....


My sister is getting married on Saturday and this is the card I've made for them.  The quote is a Quietfire Design image (see it here) stamped with Archival Ink jet black.  I've cut the quote out with Spellbinders Labels Seventeen and added Distress Ink around the edges.  The flourishy background paper is old and not marked.  The green strip is white cardstock torn, inked with bundled sage, and stamped with a script image using Archival Ink coffee.  The lacy strip is a Martha Stewart punch... it's punched from white cardstock, colored with Distress Inks.. didn't totally like it so sponged Lumiere True Gold paint over it, dried it, and added some Archival Ink coffee along the edges.  The leaves are a Sizzix die cut from green cardstock, sponged a bit with green ink and sprayed with Perfect Pearls mist.  The flowers are Prima with a little extra color added using Distress Stains spun sugar and fired brick.

10 comments:

BlackCats said...

Your sister will love this beautiful card. This is one of my favorites from QFD.

Netty said...

Beautiful card Wanda, your sister will adore it. Enjoy the weekend, Annette x

Lori said...

Gorgeous card, I'm positive she'll love it! Have a great weekend!

Marjie Kemper said...

What a beautiful card... love what you did to those prima flowers and border. Hope your sister has a great day!

SusanK said...

What a lovely card for your sister's special day!

Anonymous said...

All my best wishes for your sister and her husband. I guess I knew you'd make a terriffic card.
hugs
tea

vivek seth said...

first my all hearty blessings for your lovely sister, hope she will begin very nicely. and offcourse you are to be thanked for making this beautiful card.

Anonymous said...

Hi Wanda, this is gorgeous i so love your work. I think you may have missed the post that announced the winner of the Monthly $10 prize in the gallery challenge at my Dezinaworld blog .... you won !! so all you need do now is choose what you want up to $10 and email me to let me know which ones and i will send them to you via email.
Hugs June xxxxx

Lynn Stevens said...

Stunning card!!! Congrats to your sister!

John Briner Art said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE! lol It's ideal gift for lovers or to someone you love :)