Sunday, October 21, 2012

Gift Tags and a Winner

All of these tags were made from one 8 1/2 x 11" piece of Ranger's Specialty Stamping Paper and I still have some left for a few more tags.  
I sprayed the paper with water and  Dylusion sprays - red, pink, and both greens, blotted and then sprayed again with the same colors (no water) and dried.  Then I flipped the paper over and sprayed with water and the sprays but using less of the sprays to keep things lighter. 
Next I chose some Spellbinder dies ( scalloped ovals lg, 2010 heirloom ornaments, nested poinsettias, labels twenty), picked some of the new Christmas stamps from Quietfire Design and started stamping (Archival ink jet black) and die cutting.  Then I chose to make a couple that were just rectangle in shape (no die used). 
The lines and dots were done with a black pen and a white pen.


The added color on the Christmas tree and the red dots around the edge were done with a water brush and Dylusion spray inks.  Gold was added to the star at the top using a Sharpie gold paint marker - waterbased.



The flowers along the bottom of the Noel tag are done using a Dylusion stencil and Distress ink barn door. 


When I stamped the peace on earth image, as I picking up the stamp block I slipped a bit and got a double image at the top of the tree.  It actually didn't look bad, seemed to just blend in with the scrollwork, except for the star at the top, so I left it and drew over the star with the white pen.


The ribbon on the tags is the 7mm white silk ribbon available from Quietfire Design colored with Distress stains.


You can add more variation to the background by flicking on a little water, blotting it and drying.  I did this on the Blessings tag.


I added highlights to the star below with a silver Sharpie paint marker and with the white pen.


On the backs of the tags I just wrote To: and From:.  You could even leave them blank and write a special note when you know which package you are going to put them on. 


The tags are quick to make!!!





And now onto the winner (on my blog) of the Quietfire Christmas Blog Hop - Kindling Your Creativity.  The random number generator chose..........................
Carolyn Adams said...
Gorgeous card, Wanda, and a great tutorial! Not too sure I'd have the patience for more than one of these!


Congratulations, Carolyn!!!! You need to email Suzanne with your complete  address.

To see all the winners from the hop and find Suzanne's email address visit the Quietfire Style Blog HERE.

13 comments:

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful tags, Wanda. Such a gorgeous blend of colors!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful tags- love the idea of creating the color then creating tags with Spellbinders!

Nancy said...

Great gift tags!! Love the colors & all - good ideas for card fronts/inserts.

Beth Akins said...

love these tags Wanda! Congrats to Carolyn!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Fantastic tags!!! Great color and sentiments!

Cindy Rescorl said...

Love the colors and the tags!! Great work!!

Yogi said...

nice tags and great if you give out gifts... All gifts I buy come to me. BIG GRIN

BlackCats said...

Gorgeous tags Wanda. I just got some Dylusion sprays and stencils and haven't had a chance to play with them yet. You've created a springboard for my holiday greetings this year. Thanks for the idea .

Carolyn Dube said...

What beautiful tags you've created! I love Dylusions spray inks too!

Quietfire said...

These are awesome Wanda! Outstanding! Thanks so much for using the stamps!

Robyn said...

lovely Wanda- addictive aren't they!

Froggietalks said...

Those tags are lovely Wanda :)

tea said...

Wow, what an adornment to a gift, simply wonderfull!