Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Be Yourself ATC


Quietfire Design has a brand new stamp set just released this week called The Woods Would Be Very Silent that I Love!!!! It includes 5 stamps and I've used 2 of them on this atc, the cute little bird and Be Yourself.  The beginning of the background was done some time ago when I was playing a bit with the technique where you ink an acrylic block with dye ink, spritz with a little water and stamp onto your paper.  I had some that I'd cut into atc sizes and this is one of them.  I stamped the leaves (a very old stamp) with Distress Ink mowed lawn.  Be Yourself is stamped with jet black Archival.  The bird was stamped on a scrap with Distress Ink dusty concord, embossed with clear powder and colored with Tombow markers... I went over some of the coloring with a waterbrush and blotted a bit to get a more mottled look.  Quietfire's checkerboard corner image was lightly and partially stamped here and there in the background with Distress Ink tumbled glass. The edges colored with Distress Ink peacock feathers.  Finished with some black pen stitching.  

8 comments:

Nan G said...

This is a beauty. I learn so much from you about layering. Thank you for sharing!

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful so sweet. Love this
hugs
susan s

Linda Ward said...

Love how you colored the bird. It is so darn cute !!!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Beautiful! Love the bird and leaves! Striking color too!

Pauline Butcher said...

Gorgeous ATC, I love everything about it, especially the little bird. Fab work. Hugs P xxxx

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous ATC, love the little bird and the fabulous background.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Quietfire said...

Oh, you sweet little birdie. Smacky! (that'll be a kiss!) Adorable atc Wanda! Thanks for getting the new stamps inked up!

Irene said...

Lovely creation, I love this stamp set, but I have so many... I'm out of house for storage.