Friday, January 31, 2014

Distress Paint Splats


A fun, quick card using Distress Paint.  Get the dabber top very wet with paint and then hit it on your paper... repeat as wanted with whatever colors you want to use.  After I was done "splatting" I used a paint brush and the tarnished brass paint to flick on gold spots.  The tarnished brass is also used to edge the piece and the three strips of painted paper.  The flowers (Tim Holtz tattered floral die) are also painted.  Heart brad.  The sentiment is from Art Impressions.


8 comments:

Lori said...

This is the best piece I've seen using the splat technique Wanda! Usually I don't care for that tech, but yours is making me reconsider! Fabulous!

Vic said...

Simply fabulous!

SusanK said...

What a fun look! I've used Bingo daubers with great success but not tried it with the paints. Bet the stains would be super, too!

Nan G said...

Beautiful splatters! Love the bright colors you've used.

Weather Wimp said...

You even turn splats into a work of beauty and interest. Thumbs up.

Linda Ward said...

I really like the bright colored splats !!! They make for a joyous card.

Turid said...

I love splats! And I love your color combo too. Festive and happy and really just pretty. You inspire me to go splash!
thank you!!!!

Turid said...

ps, did you really use paints? I get much better results with stains, my paints just leave circles - which I also like and use a lot:-)