Tuesday, April 8, 2014

A Book For Bethany

I got a call from a friend of ours a week ago.  His neice, Bethany, a tennager, has been battling brain cancer for some time and the tumor was once again growing and the doctors have said there is really nothing else for them to do.  They were planning a prayer vigil for her this past Sunday afternoon and might I be able to make a book that people could sign and write notes to Bethany in.  This is what I made.  He wanted scriptures throughout the book and some decoration and her favorite colors are lime green and purple.  


For the pages I folded 11" x 17" cardstock making the pages 8 1/2" x 11".  The covers and spine are covered book board.  I sewed the book together through the spine with waxed linen thread and added some beads.  

I've included pictures of all the spreads in this post for anyone who wants to see (as I was editing the pics, I noticed that some of them are a little blurry - nothing I can do about that now).  I added color around the edges of all the pages alternating between lime and purple.  Each spread includes a scripture or quote and just a bit of decoration leaving plenty of room for writing and also for them to add some pictures from the day.   






































For those of you who pray, please keep Bethany and her family in your prayers.



10 comments:

IldiF said...

I will keep Bethany and her family in my prayers. This book is absolutely gorgeous.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful keepsake for Bethany and her family !!! Prayers are on the way.

christi said...

this is beautiful. so inspiring.

SusanK said...

What a fabulous gift that will keep on giving. You've done a superb job and I hope it brings some comfort to the family and Bethany. What a unique way to record special memories even at this stressful time.

Anonymous said...

I love it Wanda! Your work is beautiful!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

I'm so so sorry for your young friend. The present you've made her is sure to lighten her days...so beautiful...so thoughtful...so wonderful!

Vic said...

Such a wonderful keepsake.

Debby said...

Wanda that is a beautiful book! Will pray for Bethany. You did an outstanding job on this.

Angelartistok said...

Gorgeous! Said a prayer for Bethany & her family.

Kathy Eddy said...

Keeping her and her family in our prayers! The book is beautiful and a treasure for her. What a labor of love.