Saturday, January 3, 2015

Take a moment to embrace today


Happy Saturday!!!  I hope you are having a good weekend!!!

The background of this card has a few layers as things weren't coming together as I had hoped.  When it didn't work at first (and I almost threw it away) I didn't really keep track of all I did.  I used Fresco Finish Paints and also some brushos.  On top of that I stamped the sketchy rectangles image (PaperArtsy Ellen Vargo #07) with Archival Ink French ultramarine.  The stem/leaves and flower are PaperArtsy Lin Brown stamps from set #01.  I stamped the stem/leaves with embossing ink and embossed with Wendy Vecchi's fern green powder.  The flower is also stamped with embossing ink and then embossed with Wendy's tree branch.  I used a Ranger craft nib to add Archival Ink (fern green, orange blossom) over the embossing to create depth and shadows.  I stamped the saying (Lin Brown #06) with Archival Ink jet black and also inked the edges of the panel.  I stamped part of a spotty PaperArtsy Sara Naumann image (set #09) around the flower and quote using FF paint and then also used a small paint brush to splatter around some watered down FF paint, both snowflake and little black dress.  In the center of the flower I added a Finnabair metal piece that I'd colored with Treasure Gold onyxite, heated and buffed to a beautiful shine and also a blue brad.  The twine was white and I added colore with Archival Ink orange blossom.  Everything is layered to a folded white card. 

Even though the background started out bad I really like how it all came out!!!!!


I'm linking to The Mixed Media Card Challenge #7.  The theme is "new".  This card fits the theme as I just got the Brushos for Christmas and it was my first time trying to combine acrylic paint and Brushos - something I haven't given up on but I definitely need to play more!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's beautiful - sometimes it really pays to persevere and it certainly does here.

Words and Pictures said...

A stunning background, Wanda, and beautiful words to go with that fabulous flower - love this!
Alison xx

Turid said...

this sure came together! Love all the Detail!