Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Mixed Media Thanks


Hello!!!  I hope your day is wonderful!!!  I'm entering this card in The Mixed Media Card Challenge.


The March theme is Spring with the optional element of using a bird.

I started with a piece of manila cardstock cut to 4 1/2" x 5 3/4".  I added white embossing paste (Wendy Vecchi) through TCW stencil mini burst and while the paste was still wet sprayed the piece with Distress Stain Sprays mustard seed, peacock feathers, just a bit of picket fence, and then some brushed pewter.  Once dry I stamped a script images (Studio 490) here and there across the background with Archival Ink Forget Me Not.  I cut grungeboard with the Sizzix Tim Holtz die Bird Branch.  The branch is colored with Distress Inks brushed corduroy and walnut stain.  The bird was inked first with Snow Cap pigment ink, dried, and then inked over with Distress Ink salty ocean, a bit of faded jeans, and some spiced marmalade in the belly area.  I attached a piece of washi tape to the background, glued on the bird branch, and added flower soft so it looks like a flowering branch in the Springtime.  I used the new Quietfire Design Thanks die and cut it from white cardstock.  


1 comment:

Elina Stromberg said...

Oh, your card is beautiful! Love the background textures and the contrast between the vivid background and the white sentiment text.
Thank you for playing with us at MMCC. Hoping to see you with us again in April!