Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Discover Life


Hello!!!!  Here is a page in my scripture journal that I finished up a week or so ago.  The background is a mix done over time using mostly extra from other projects.  I'm guessing there is some gesso or white paint in the background.. looks like I was just cleaning off a brush.  Then I'm thinking maybe sprays over that and blotted.  Next is some grungepaste through a stencil... probably paste that had been tinted green.  That's where it was at when I decided to finish it up.  I added some ink over the paste and then white fire Treasure Gold.  I did some scribbles around the edge, wasn't so sure about that so then used an All Stabilo pencil and smudged it out with my fingers.  Used a Pitt pen around some of the stenciled paste.  Discover Life is die cut (Sizzix Tim Holtz Thinlits Adventure pack #660212) from a scrap, torn and the edges inked.  The scripture is computer generated, cut out, and the edges inked.  The butterfly I found at a local store.  They had stems of them like you get stems of silk flowers but they were butterflies... very cool and I got 4 different colors of stems.  

This is a wonderful scripture!!!  One that should be remembered!!  It's so easy, when we mess up and do something wrong to get down on ourselves and we start to doubt the work that Jesus is doing in our lives and we begin to believe the lies that say "nothing really happened, we are still the same".  This truth from scripture can help us see through the lie and remember that we are new and that we are being transformed day by day.  We have not arrived but we are on the way and we are new!!!!




3 comments:

Art Joy of Sharing with Peg and Shel said...

Just wonderful Wanda.

C. M. Taylor said...

Such a wonderful combination of colors and I love the butterfly. I am never disappointed in your art. Always refreshing and innovative. Thank you for sharing.

Dapoppins said...

Its so wonderful that this page came together and your not quite sure how! I do stuff like that too. I love those metallics that you used. And the Discover Life through New Life in Christ is the perfect journal reminder. You lifted my spirits today, Thank You.