Thursday, September 24, 2015

Brick and a Flower and a Quote, Oh My


Hi There!!!!  I'm squeezing in an entry to the September Make Art Challenge... it ends tonight.  The challenge was to make something inspired by either something on Wendy's blog or her new products coming out soon.  I've filled this tag with Wendy products and techniques.

I started with a Ranger #8 manila tag and did Wendy's Archival reinker and alcohol technique using her colors leaf green and potting soil.  I did quite a large puddle of color and actually colored two tags and 3 atc sized pieces.  After drying the background ink I stamped the broken hole image from her Textures For Art set of stamps with potting soil ink stamping more than once with each inking.  I then stamped her script image (Live and Make Art set or also available as an individual background) also with potting soil but stamped once on scrap paper first.  Next up is her brick stencil and custom mix of powders to create a brick color.  I inked through the stencil with red geranium and quickly added the powder and heated it.  The edges of the tag are inked with Distress Ink walnut stain.  I then used my most favorite flower from my most favorite stencil of hers, 3 Fresh Flowers (one of her first stencils).  I mixed buttercup reinker with some white embossing paste for the flower and leaf green with white paste for the stem and leaves.  (I actually had mixed the green some time ago and used one of her storage jars to keep the excess - I still have more to use).  Once the paste was dry - I did carefully help it along some with the heat tool, I put the stencil back on and added some tiger lily to the flower brushing with a mini ink blending tool from the center outward.  I used the stripes dots and stripes stencil to stencil lines along the bottom and top (mostly hidden behind bow) with jet black ink.  Drew a line across with a Posca paint marker - single straight line at the top and 2 lines roughing them up a little at the bottom.  Used a white gel pen to highlight the stem and leaves.  Used a black Glaze pen for the black dots.  One one of the atc sized pieces I had colored I stenciled with the dots stencil and Ranger's white pigment ink, dried it, stamped the broken hole image with leaf green, stamped the quote (Textures For Art set) with jet black, tore it out, rolled the torn edges, and stapled it on with Tim's tiny attacher tool.  Glued a gumdrop colored with one drop of sunshine yellow alcohol ink to the center of the flower.  Colored a piece of ribbon with leaf green reinker and alcohol and tied it to the top.  


2 comments:

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

LOVE this Wanda!!! The bricks, the flower, the quote...all wonderful! I have no time to get mine done...ugh!

Stephanie Rodgers said...

Congrats on your win Wanda! Great job! Hopefully, I'll get in on the next one!