Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Finding a Friend


It's a rainy, wet morning her in southern Iowa and the hubby is not happy about it, lol.  The rain was supposed to miss us, but they were wrong.  We're hoping it's done soon and we have time to get some things done on the house today.  We are working at putting on an addition and new siding on the whole house.  

After finishing up the jounaling bible page I shared yesterday I wanted to use that TCW daisy stencil again as I'm quite liking it (you just might see it a few more times before I move on to something else :)... it's TCW552s Mini Daisy Splash.  I started with Dylusion paint on white cardstock blending the blue and teal, stenciled (TCW mini butterfly collage) with the Dylusions yellow paint, and splashed some white paint marker over the panel. Once dry I stamped the quote (Quietfire Design - Always Be My Friend set) with Archival jet black and embossed it with clear powder.  I positioned the daisy stencil and added Wendy Vecchi Studio 490 white embossing paste.  Once the paste was dry I put the stencil back on and dabbed a little of the yellow paint in the center areas, removed the stencil and used a Wink of Stella pen on the white part of the flowers and around the edge of the card.  I decided it should have a few butterflies, punched them from white card, glued them on allowing the wings to be free, used Wink of Stella on the wings and put pearls in the body area.  Attached this panel to a folded white card.



3 comments:

Felicia said...

Wanda, this is just the cutest card! I like that stencil that you are using and more projects of that from you will be just fine!!!! LOLOL We like seeing them! :) Friends are treasures and I am so glad for your friendship across the miles! :) Blessings! :)

Quietfire said...

Love this!!

Artmadnana said...

It's gorgeous Wanda. And a great step by step too! Lovely x