Friday, September 18, 2015

Happy Birthday Swirls


The background for this card is inspired by Pauline Butcher... specifically THIS post on her blog.  She mentions in her post that the background used shaving foam and Dylusions ink sprays.  You could just about see my ears perk up and the smoke coming from my head.  LOL  I hadn't played with shaving cream in a long time and I had never thought about using the sprays with it.  I HAD to play!!!!  And I LOVE the results!!!  I used one of the pieces I did to make this birthday card for our granddaughter.  Over the inky background I've used a TCW stencil (mini butterfly collage) and Wendy Vecchi's black embossing paste.  Around the outside of that I've sponged some white paint through a stencil.  Happy Birthday (Quietfire Design - Happy Birthday Plain & Simple Set of 7) is stamped on another of the shaving cream background I made, cut out, doodled, wrapped onto the background and stapled in place.  Over the butterfly itself I've used the clear Wink of Stella pen.  This panel is attached to a black panel and then to the folded white card.




6 comments:

Felicia said...

GOFGEOUS!!!! I'm in love with this card!!! Brilliant my friend!!! 😄

Tracey T said...

This is lovely Wanda, so vibrant xxx

Wendy said...

What a beautiful, bright and happy card! Xx

Clare Lloyd said...

Fab colours

Kirsten said...

Gorgeous card!

Alison said...

So beautiful! I love the colours Wanda! xxx