Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Whatever is True...



Hi There!!!!  I do hope your week is going well!!!  So I've been thinking about and pinning bible journaling for awhile and have finally taken the plunge.  A wonderful lady that fell in love with the idea and pursued it has started a local group that is meeting together and sharing pages and scriptures to encourage and help each other to go deeper with God and His word.  I wasn't sure I could fit it in my schedule but have started and will see how it goes.  I missed the first meeting but attended the second meeting last night and had a wonderful time.  I didn't have a page done in my bible as I was just able to get one yesterday afternoon but got a page done today for the first scripture.  


When I decided I'd be able to go, since I didn't have a journaling bible yet, I thought I'd do a page in my scripture art journal.  I'm thinking I might continue to work in both allowing more time to concentrate on each scripture or passage.  The background in my journal was already there from a past mop-up of ink and I just worked on top of it... although as I was working on the right side, I got to a point that I just totally didn't like the page and ended up covering it up and reworking.  

Left side - Ink sprays in the background, black embossing paste through a TCW stencil for the girl, and writing with a Pitt Pen.  Right side - it started with the same sprayed background but then I covered it all up with Dylusion paints, Dylusions border stamp, writing with a Sharpie paint markers.

In the Bible - Dylusions paint, an old leaf stamp, TCW daisy stencil, writing with a Pitt pen, daisy die cuts just in a box of misc cut and punched items, a Wink of Stella pen to add the sparkle to the daisy. 

I realized as I was editing the pictures that I forgot to include the scripture reference on the journal pages and will be adding that - Philippians 4:8.  







5 comments:

Sugar Lump Studios said...

These are both such lovely pieces. I really love the colors in both!
Happy Wednesday!

Debby said...

Beautiful! Do you use a special Bible as mine have such thin pages any wet medium would rip it. Very pretty.

Artmadnana said...

I love this idea Wanda. What a fabulous way to study specific verses and really explore their meanings. It's lovely to be part of a group doing this i'd be very interested if there was a group near me. Maybe I'm going to have to start one. But I've not heard of a journal bible. Where can you buy one?

Turid said...

A Very meningsfull piece of heart! Love it!

Turid said...

Meaningful:)!i wrote meaningful, but sometimes the iPhone writing program messes up and corrects to Norwegian. Gee. Lol. But see how close our languages are?