Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Happy Birthday Tag - Creative Chemistry Summer 2016 - Dimensional Flowers


Happy Tuesday!!!  It's a very exciting, somewhat nervous day today as I will be teaching a class for the first time at Memory Bound store in Ankeny.  The focus of the class is dimensional flowers on cards/tags.  This tag is going with me as an extra sample.  One of the flowers we are learning today is the pansy.

However, the tag itself began with inspiration from The Summer of Creative Chemistry over at Online Card Classes.    Way back when it was first offered I signed up for Creative Chemistry 101 but didn't manage the time to actually participate.  So far I've managed the first week of Summer 2016 Creative Chemistry and hopefully I'll keep up all summer with 101, 102, and then 103.  

The challenge with Week 1 was to use 4 or more colors of Distress to creative something with a technique from class.  I've used the colors Squeezed Lemonade, Shaded Lilac, Abandoned Coral, and Cracked Pistachio and the technique Wrinkle Free Distress as the first layer on this Ranger #8 tag.  I'm so sorry I didn't take a picture at that point because it looked fab!!!  Over that I've used a Tim Holtz stencil along with Shaded Lilac Distress Paint.  Next I die cut the bricks, colored another tag with Cracked Pistachio Distress Stain, and glued the tags together.  I then glued some of the bricks back in, just because. 

Happy Birthday is a Quietfire Design stamp and I've stamped it with Archival Ink Jet Black.  The Pansy Flower is an Elizabeth Craft Designs die set.  I cut all the pieces from Ranger's Watercolor paper and added color with Distress Markers and Stain.  Shaped the pieces, glued them to the tag and added a sticky back gem to the center of the flower.  Some 1/8" yellow, satin, ribbon finishes it off. 



1 comment:

SewPaperPaint said...

So so pretty! Love the colors you used. I know this is a load of fun!