Sunday, July 10, 2016

Wood Panel


Hello and Happy Sunday!!!  What a joy to have you visiting!!!  I'm sharing a canvas (I guess that would be wood panel as there is no actual canvas) I made for a sweet girl that graduated from High School this Spring.  I didn't write down exactly what I used so I'll just give an overview.  The base is a 5" square wood panel, a deep one so it can stand on it's own.  I think I gessoed it first, then paste through a stencil on the top, dried, and then I used Distress Paints, spraying with some water to help blend, over the top.  I painted the sides, dried it and then lightly brushed some white over it.  There is some Treasure Gold lightly rubbed over the top for highlights.  The flowers are all die cut (Tim Holtz dies) from white card and glued on.  The scripture is an Our Daily Bread Designs stamp.  The butterflies are a punch.  





1 comment:

Tracey T said...

Lucky lady to receive this, so inspirational and so beautiful, a gift to treasure xx