Tuesday, October 11, 2016

I Will Write Peace on Your Wings


Hello!!!  I'm sure you're in shock with me posting 3 days in a row... lol.  I'm hoping to get some more posts in this week sharing some things that aren't new but haven't yet made it to my blog.  Today's project, however, is new and I even had my camera close and took some process pictures.  

The quote is another new Quietfire Design stamp.  Suzanne's calligraphy is so beautiful!!  I'm glad she takes her hand-penned words and makes rubber stamps for us all to use!!!  

To begin with I took a blank page that had been torn from a Dylusions journal.  I have little pile of these papers and have been trying to get them used.  In the process I'm finding I Love this paper!!  I knew I liked it but the more I use it the more I love it!!  

Wendy Vecchi makes sprays using her Archival Ink reinkers and 91% rubbing alcohol.  We used them when I went to her workshops in Ankeny (yes, I still need to write that blog post) and I've begun making some at home.  So far I've mixed up Cactus Flower (one of my favorite colors), Pink Peony, Sunflower, and Garden Patina.  I sprayed all of those on this paper.  I sprayed quite a bit letting them pool and mix.  I did a little blotting with a paper towel, not all over, and the pattern from that shows in some spots.


I cut a piece from that paper 4" x 5 1/4".  I stenciled on it using a new Wendy stencil and Pink Peony ink.


This is Wendy's new butterfly stamp (in the Artful Thoughts set).  I've stamped it on the left over paper with Jet Black Archival Ink and cut it out. 


Distress Ink Salty Ocean was used to add more color to the butterfly.


I wanted more in the background and used Quietfire Design's crackle image with Garden Patina ink just stamping bits of the image here and there.  


As I was deciding how to finish things up I remembered a page we did in Wendy's workshop where we were using that beautiful butterfly and we also used one of Tim Holtz's die cut trees.  They worked really well together and I liked it enough to decide to buy the dies so I got them out, cut a tree from cardstock and inked and embossed it.


The quote was stamped with Jet Black and embossed with clear powder.  Wendy's fern leaf image (Messages For Art set) was stamped along the bottom with Leaf Green ink.  Black pen doodles around the edge and a bit at the base of the tree to help ground it.  The butterfly is attached only along the body and Wild Orchid Enamel Accent dots added.  I am loving the enamel accents!!!  Besides beautiful colors I really like that the tops aren't tacky after it dries.  If you use them in a journal, it won't want to stick to the opposite page when you close the book.  Everything is layered to black cardstock.  

I hope you've enjoyed today's post!!!!  

Hugs, Wanda




5 comments:

Quietfire said...

This is so lovely Wanda! <3

Sue said...

This is really lovely Wanda, the colours are beautiful xx

Turid said...

This really lights a quiet fire in us! Lovely quote, and cool tree as well!

C. M. Taylor said...

Wanda, your choice of colors and the different patterns make the backgrounds just POP! So nontraditional, not red and green, I love it. The butterfly is the perfect topping. The details of the edge scribbles in the dark ink makes the eye stop and go right back to the butterfly. Just perfect! Thanks for sharing.

Joni said...

This is just beautiful, Wanda. Thank you...

Joni