Sunday, October 9, 2016

The Great King Over All The Earth


Happy Sunday to you!!!  I hope your day is wonderful!!

The first thing I did for this card is create the large leaf.  I used that custom blend distress pad, pressed the ink on my craft sheet, sprayed it with water, and pressed the paper into it - a blank page torn from a Dylusions journal.  I used the Sizzix, Tim Holtz big die and embossing folder set - cut the leaf, embossed it, and then inked over the high spots with Distress Tea Dye.  It made a beautiful, fall leaf. 


The other parts of the card.  For the background I used another Tim Holtz embossing folder and inked around the edges with Tea Dye.  For the strip across the middle I used an old Embossing Arts Co stamp and the Custom Blend Distress Pad, stamped up a paper and then tore the strip from it.  The scripture is an Our Daily Bread Designs image stamped with Archival Ink Jet Black and die cut using a Stitched Rectangles die (Tim Holtz - Sizzix).  The piece behind the scripture is a kraft piece from Tim's Substrate Sheets set.  I wet a whole piece, crumpled it well, opened it up, inked over the wrinkles, dried it and cut it out using deckle scissors.  
 


1 comment:

craftytrog said...

A beautiful Autumnal card Wanda! I love the verse you added!
Have a very blessed week!
Alison xx