Thursday, February 9, 2017

Always.... Wonderful


Hi There!!!  This card uses a brand new stamp from Quietfire Design, Always Believe.  I never tire of Suzanne's gorgeous calligraphy and am thankful that she hand-pens and then turns that into wonderful rubber stamps for us to use!!

For the main panel I started with a piece of Distress Mixed Media Heavy Card, sprayed it with water and sprinkled on PaperArtsy Infusions (Are You Cerise, Lemoncello, A Bit Jaded).  I added a bit more water any where that needed it and also blotted as needed to lighten really dark areas, let it sit a bit and dried it.  Next I embossed the panel with Sizzix, Tim Holtz Alterations folder, Book Cover #1.  To bring out the pattern of the embossing I first lightly rubbed PaperArtsy's Fresco Finish Paint, Snowflake, over the high spots using blending foam.  I also added some white to the center to knock back (mute) the color.  Next I inked over the high spots with Distress Ink Walnut Stain, dried it, and then lightly went over the high spots with Treasure Gold (Rose Quartz).  I'm really thrilled with how it all came out!!!  Next I stamped the quote with Ranger's Archival Ink Jet Black.  This stamped slightly faded instead of dark, I think because of the layers, but that actually goes very well with the whole look.  I die cut a couple Tim Holtz Wildflowers from the Mixed Media Heavy Card and added color With Distress Crayons.  I also used just a bit of Distress Marker on the pink flowers for some shading.  The lace is Idea-ology.  An Idea-ology Mirrored Heart colored with Alcohol Ink.  Some stretchy gold cord.  


I'm entering this in the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #33.




7 comments:

Quietfire said...

Oh, Wanda. This is just so lovely! Round of applause!

Krista Hentges said...

Pretty!!! Background turned out awesome!!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Beautiful colors and texture... Mesmerizing.

Hazel Agnew said...

Zits gorgeous Wanda' I love it' . Xx

Debby said...

This is beautiful. Where did you get infusions from?

Barbara said...

Beautiful background! I love how you use Wildflower, gorgeous work! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

Lisa H said...

How pretty and springlike! Thanks for sharing it with us at Mixed Media Monthly. =)