Monday, February 6, 2017

You Are So Loved #2


I guess with Valentine's Day around the corner I'm hooked on these stamps!!  They are part of a new set from Quietfire Design called You Are - Set of 5.  I'm sure I'll get around to using the other choices in the set soon!!!  

I was doing a bit of clean up the other day and came upon a little pile of Gelli Prints I'd forgotten about.  My background for this started with one of those.  I cut a section 3 3/4" x 5".  Onto this piece I stenciled hearts (Tim Holtz stencil) using Wendy Vecchi's gold stencil paste.  Once that was dry I stamped the words.  A very sweet friend gifted me with a small Misti and I finally took time to try it out with these words.  Once lined up I stamped them with Ranger's Archival Ink Jet Black and then stamped them a few more times making the black very nice and dark.  I'm going to enjoy using this!!!  The grouping at the bottom uses a couple of wood hearts that I painted.  On the red I added white paint dots and on the white I wrapped some red twine.  The leaves are cut (Tim Holtz die) from Distress Mixed Media Heavy Card, sprayed with Distress Spray Stain Mowed Lawn and stamped (Quietfire's Crackle Image) using Wendy's Archival Ink Fern Green.  I've used some mini red rick rack.  The flower is made by punching scalloped circles from music paper, stacking them, putting a brad in the middle, scrunching up the "petals", added a little Distress Barn Door Ink, and then spraying with Wendy's Mica Spray.  Finally I used Enamel Accents for the red dots.  The next layer is music paper colored with Distress Stains.  Everything is layered to a folded black card. 





5 comments:

Krista Hentges said...

I like!

Maura said...

Fun mix, Wanda, from the colorful background to all the heart! Very pretty! Thanks for sharing the love with us this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! Maura xoxo

Turid said...

Oh, this is lovely! And cool to hear about the misti👍. Even though your stamping always has me wondering: "how does she get it so crisp every time?"Good luck in the challenge.

C. M. Taylor said...

Great use of color, texture and layers! You produce wonderful art!

Ann said...

Super colorful! You have a super eye! Very artful!!!!!