Wednesday, March 1, 2017

A Birthday Card - Chuckville


Today is my husbands birthday and this is the card I made him.  He is a stamp collector - worldwide - meaning he has stamps from all over the world.  The ones he likes the best are the bright, colorful ones and those are often also nature themed.  I started with a piece of watercolor paper and die cut it with the Sizzix Tim Holtz Postage Stamp Frame.  I taped off the edges so they would stay white.  I then stamped the flowers from the new PaperArtsy Kay Carley set EKC06... I stamped the larger flower first, masked it off and stamped the smaller flower 3 times - and they're all embossed with powder.  The flowers are colored using Distress Inks and a waterbrush and then I added Distress Ink around them using a mini blending tool.  The butterfly is a very old stamp, stamped with Archival Jet Black, colored with Distress Inks and cut out.  I used a little printers set to stamp the "denomination", .61 - yes, he turned 61 today - and to stamp the "country", which I made up - yes, my husband's name is Chuck.  The printers set had gotten spilled at one time and somehow I could only find one capital C in the box so I lined up everything except the beginning C, stamped and then did just the C for the beginning and as you can tell I didn't get it lined up.  I'm declaring this "postaage stamp" must be an error and therefore worth much more than one with no mistakes.  LOL  Finally I added a little bit of Gl. Clear Wink of Stella pen to the centers of the flowers and on the butterfly.  Hopefully he will like the card!!!!



2 comments:

Turid said...

Fun, funky and bespoke! Happy birthday, C!

Krista Hentges said...

Very fun and cool. Should have used orange instead of pink though, just my two cents. Love the chuckville "error"!!! He will love it I'm sure!!