Sunday, March 26, 2017

Circle Journal #12

The circle journal swap has come full circle.  This was the 12th journal I worked in and I just received my book back which I'll share pictures of soon.

This journal belongs to Gabrielle and we were to do both sides of one page.  I have some process pictures of the first side but not so many of the second.  I guess I must of been having too much fun to remember to grab the camera.

I painted the page with Taupe.  While the paint was still wet, I sprinkled on some embossing powder and then heated it to dry the paint and melt the embossing powder.  Next I stamped circles in Bubble Gum.  The circles are the plastic rings that come on Wink of Stella pens that get removed to start using the pen.  I glued 3 of these to a piece of heavy plastic packaging - it's like cardboard with a corrugated center except it's plastic.  



Some stenciling.


More stenciling using GrungePaste mixed with a bit of Tango.


Washi Tape.  Mat Mini bird with it's matching stamp colored with Distress Ink. 


Words from Lin's stamp set. 


Dots with Enamel Accents and with paint.  White gel pen doodling. Ink on the stenciled Grunge Paste. 




The flip side starts a layer of Chalk paint, then Crackle Glaze, then Antarctic. Leave to dry and crackle. 


Paint on Infusions with Matte Glaze.  While it is still wet, drip on some water, let sit just a bit, blot and dry. 


More stamping with Archival Inks. Some paint splatters. Some doodling.  The leaf is stamped with clear ink, embossed with Sticky Powder and foil (iCraft Deco Foil, Pink Melon) added.   



6 comments:

Helen said...

what gorgeous pages, lucky Gabrielle!

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Beautiful pages.
Wishes
Lynne

Artmadnana said...

What fabulous step outs Wanda! I've so enjoyed reading through this explanation. Your photos show clearly the effect of each technique. I love the way the infusions mix with the gel to create such a gorgeous background. I must try that technique of dropping water on top. This step out is full of tips and different techniques which makes it a fascinating read. I love that foiled leaf. Pink foil? Amazing. Gabrielle is sooo lucky!

Krista Hentges said...

Very nice!!

Etsuko said...

Gorgeous pages, beautiful colours and Fab Lin's images. xx

Debby said...

Lovely pages. Can't wait to see your book!