Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Hipster Oxide


So I was playing with the new Distress Oxide Inks when I made this gorgeous background.  It began with a Ranger #8 kraft tag.  Using the craft sheet I added layers and layers of DOX to the tag putting ink on the craft sheet, adding a spray or two of water, dipping the tag in, drying, spraying drops of water onto the tag, drying, dipping, and on and on.  It looked fabulous!!!  Then I decided to add paste through a Tim Holtz stencil.  I knew that the paste would draw up the color but didn't know if it would do that the same as regular DI.  I thought about using white paste but then decided to try the Transparent Texture Paste, Matte.  Wow!!  The contrast between the oxidized background and the not-looking-oxidized paste is fantastic!!!  It blew me away.  Then I had to try a black tag that you can see HERE.  When I finish up that tag, I'll blog it proper.  

As I was deciding what I was going to do to finish up the tag I knew I wanted to let that background shine so I kept it pretty simple.  I stamped a Hipster, colored it with Distress Ink and a water brush and also some Distress Marker, cut it out.  I used the new Tim Holtz Sizzix Thinlit flower dies, cut 3 small flowers from copy paper, colored them with Squeezed Lemonade and just a touch of Spiced Marmalade on the tips, added a brad to the center, crumpled the petals up, sprayed on a little water, left it to dry and then fluffed out the petals.  The Crinkle Ribbon is colored with Oxides, crumpled, dried.  Distress Crayon was added to the Tim Holtz Idea-ology metal piece so the words would pop.  Some Tim Holtz Trimmings Lace and white pen sticking around the edges and it's done.



2 comments:

SusanK said...

Fantastical!!! She's gorgeous as is the yummy background! I tried using a Ranger black tag and it wasn't even worthy to put in the trash. The whole thing bleached out white. Weird. But have tried 3 other mediums which I'll be sharing very soon on my blog. I've used the other bird and the chimp this month...what fun characters to use!

Krista Hentges said...

I have no words...