Sunday, March 12, 2017

Today is Full of Possibilities


Hi There!!!  Yes, today - and every day - is full of possibilities!!!  

I started with a #8 Manila tag and added Distress Oxide Inks (Broken China, Faded Jeans, Cracked Pistachio) working in layers spraying lots of drips of water as I dried.  [I thought I took a pic of just the DOX on the tag but I guess not]


Over the Oxides I added the Opaque Crackle paste through the Tim Holtz stencil and let it air dry.  To emphasize the cracks I used Peacock Feathers Distress Crayon applying it over the crackle, rubbing it around with my finger and then wiping the top of the crackle with a damp cloth to remove the crayon from the top.  I also added some crayon around the edges.   


Next was stenciling with Distress Ink on the area with no paste.


This border is cut from Ranger's Foil Tape Sheet.  It was actually cut a long time ago.  That dies has multiple borders on it and I hadn't used this one but kept it in the pile for some day.  


I won a gift certificate from the Frilly and Funkie Challenge Blog (Woo-Hoo) and ordered mostly new Idea-ology items including the Paper Dolls.  I used one here tinting her dress and bow with a Distress Marker.


Other new things I got and used on this tag are the Bouquet flowers and Quote Chips.  The flower have been cut off, sprayed with Distress Spray Stain (Tumbled Glass, Squeezed Lemonade), dried, and the center colored with Distress Marker.  The Quote Chip was cut apart and the edges inked with Distress Ink Faded Jeans.  The edges of the tag are painted first with Distress Paint Brushed Pewter, dried, and then lightly painted with Distress Paint Black Soot.  Before attaching the doll and embellishment pieces I spattered some white paint across the tag. 


I'm entering this tag in the following challenges...

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Make Your Own Background
Frilly and Funkie Challenge - Welcome, Spring!


7 comments:

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Wanda, this is just ADORABLE!
I love the background shades of blue, techniques and of course that little girl! Happy Sunday to you!

Krista Hentges said...

Despite the stupid human it turned out well. Absolutely love the background! Can't wait til I have the oxides to play with!

Barbara said...

FAbulous tag! The background is absolutely amazing! love your technique! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

Hazel Agnew said...

Ooooo, Wanda, loving this. Lots of new stuff that you are using too. Not got the oxides yet. Clever lady, this is fabulous! Xx 😊

Turid said...

Total success! I am IN LOVE with this art piece, and so inspired to go stamplift It. Love the paper doll and the border!!! Good luck in the challenges, you totally rock!!!

A Pink said...

Such a lovely tag! Wanda. Wonderful effective use of all your chosen mediums and ideology. Great step out too . Thank you for joining us at A Vintage Journey.
x

Jenny Marples said...

Wanda this is fantastic! I love the clever layered background with those crayons and the stencilling and the silver lace perfect for sitting on. Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie xx