Saturday, January 27, 2018

Created and Loved


Happy Saturday to you!!!  So last year my daughter, Krista, and I decided we would try to participate in a challenge blog throughout the year.  No pressure, just as we could.  We chose the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge and had a good time playing along but also missed a lot of weeks.  This year we've gone with a monthly challenge.  I sent her the links to some options and she chose the More Than Words Challenge for a couple of reasons.  She has really gotten into art journaling and usually either creates in her journal or does a canvas so this fit really well for her.  She also said that this forces me to do more journaling (or canvases) and she's looking forward to seeing what I do.  I do really like art journaling and it's usually time (and maybe procratinating, lol) that has me making cards more.  Overall I think this is going to be fun.  


January's word inspiration is "birthday".  This had me thinking about not just celebrating birthdays but actually being born and even more our Creator who knew us even before we were born.  I chose to do a spread in my Scripture Art Journal using some verses from Psalm 139.  The little girl is a collage image I got years ago from a company called Paper Imagery Designs.

January's element is tags and the requirement is a minimum of two tags in our project.  The book I'm working in is a Dylusions small journal.  I glued some small tags onto the pages with Distress Collage Medium Matte also covering the entire pages with the medium.  Over this I've stenciled using the Tim Holtz flourish stencil and Ranger's Texture Paste.  


Once that was dry I sprinkled on some PaperArtsy Infusions (Violetta, Sleight Blue, A Bit Jaded), sprayed them with plenty of water and mostly dried them with a heat tool doing some blotting as they dried.  I then softened all that by painting PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Paint Nougat over the pages keeping my strokes horizontal and letting the colors blend just a little by not overworking the brush strokes.  


There is some light stamping with Ranger's Archival Ink.. a text image and a leafy image.  Nuvo Embellishment Mousse was added over the textured areas and around the edges.  That's that shine you can see with the book tipped just so in the light.


I printed out the scriptures and attached the paper to a tag adding a bit of color with Distress Inks and distressing the edges of the tag.  I forgot to include the scripture reference so took a small metal rimmed tag, added color and wrote the reference.  


A bunch of paper flowers were glued on.  Nuvo Glitter Drops in Honey Gold was added to the centers.  Splattering was done with Fresco Finish Paint, in both Plum and Pansy colors.  


This was fun to do and I hope you like it!!

Hugs, Wanda



10 comments:

Krista Hentges said...

Very pretty!!! Love the background!!

Janice Nicholls said...

A wonderful take on the challenge. Your MM art journal page is beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at More Than Words.

Macarena said...

Great background and the way you built it. Love the soft colors and the overall layout. Thank you for joining us over Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Heather McMahon said...

What a fabulous page! I love heh way you've hung one tag from the other and that there are multiple tags on the background. Great work! So glad you decided to join us at More Than Words and we look forward to your future entries!

Lemon Creation said...

Gorgeous page! Infusions looks great in the background. Beautiful creation! Thanks for playing with us at More Than Words challenge! Hugs, Asia

Unknown said...

Beautiful page! Love the background and the way you used the tags. Thank you so much for playing along with us at More Than Words! Xo

Nicole Doiron said...

This is so pretty! And how wonderful of you and your daughter to have decided to join us at More Than Words all year long! Looking forward to seeing your creations every month!!

Gayatri said...

Gorgeous layout. Great layering and texture. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Layer It Up Challenge. Gayatri xx

Unknown said...

It's beautiful !! Love the background !! Thanks for playing along with us at More Than Words.

langeatheart said...

Great work!! Thank-you for sharing the process with us! All the best from MTW! :)