Monday, May 14, 2018

Heartfelt Thanks


Hello!!!  I hope you are doing well on this beautiful Monday!!!

Today I have a thank you card to share with you.  My background uses a new Sizzix/Tim Holtz 3D embossing folder.  Wendy Vecchi shared a short video where she inked the flat side of the embossing folder with Archival Ink, put her misted-with-water paper in the folder and ran it through her machine.  I HAD to try that and it works great.  Since the paper is slightly wet, using the Archival Ink means the ink isn't effected by the moisture.  I love it!!!  The hardest part is not moving your paper when you close the folder, etc.  LOL  For my card I used Ranger's Mixed Media Cardstock.  After it was embossed I gave it a couple spritzes with Pearls Mica Spray (Ranger from Wendy's set) and dried it.  Next I inked the edges with embossing ink and embossed them with Ranger's Queens Gold embossing powder.  

The rose is a Stamper's Anonymous/Wendy Vecchi Stamp-It, Stencil-It.  That means the rubber stamp comes with a matching stencil making it very easy to add multiple colors to the image.  It was stamped onto Ranger Water Color Card and die cut with a Sizzix/Tim Holtz Stitched Oval die.  I used the new Ranger/Wendy Vecchi Blendable Dye Inks to color the rose.  The flower uses Sunflower and then using the Detail Blending Tool Orange Blossom was added. With the stencil in place and everything covered except the flower are, I sprayed on some Buttercup Mica Spray and dried it. The stem and leaves are inked with Fern Green and a little bit of Garden Patina.  Around the rose I washed in the Bluebird Blendable Ink using a Water Brush.  I inked around the circle with Violet Blendable Ink and then embossed the edges with Queens Gold powder.  Heartfelt Thanks was stamped onto a scrap with Violet Archival Ink and cut out.  The butterfly is a Stamper's Anonymous/Wendy Vecchi Matt Mini.  It was inked with Blendable Inks and stamped with Archival Ink.  I used the dotted rays image from the new Wendy Vecchi set Spotlight Art.  I masked off one side of the butterfly, pressed the butterfly onto the inked stamp, dried it, masked the stamped side and stamped again with the goal to put the butterfly in the same spot.  I did pretty well :-)  I wrapped the background with a gold metallic ribbon, attached the oval with the new Wendy Vecchi Perfect Card Adhesive, attached the sentiment with foam tape and finished up with 3 drops of Wendy's Sunflower Enamel Accents.




No comments: